Thursday, November 23, 2006

E-Mail from Ken Banares of Manitoba, Canada

This letter was sent to us through banares_feedback@yahoo.com by Ken Banares last October 27, 2006. Due to technical difficulties, i am only able to post this letter now. I apologize to Ken for the delay. For clansters who have any information to share regarding Ken's query, you may email us at the abovementioned e-mail address or post a message on our tagboard. -- Rodel Banares, BCIS Blogsite Administrator


Hi,
I would like to thank you for setting up the family website. I have been trying for years to gain some info on my family tree but it is hard since I am located in Canada. Maybe you can help me. My grandfather is Eufemio Bañares from Albay and was married to Simplicia Mitra. My dad is Wilhelmino (Willie) Bañares. My brief personal history includes; born in 1974 @ QC, grew up in Mandaluyong, Elementary school at Aquinas School, High school at San Beda College and moved to Winnipeg Manitoba Canada in 1990 with my mom's family. My only recollection of my grandpa's Bicolano relatives was visiting my dad's family in Tabaco Albay when I was 10 years old, took a bath at Ameter Hot Springs(or something >>)and my mom also lived there when she eloped with my dad. Her name is Esperanza Robles. My dad mentioned that they stayed at Tabaco for about a year after I was born.. I also remember having uncles and cousins with surnames like Berces… My grandfather was a guerilla in WWII and was on his way to the US ( via his enlistment with the US Army during the war) when he suddenly passed away. One of my biggest regrets is not inquiring more from my dad and granpa regarding our heritage... I would like to pass on this information to my kids so they will know their family history.
I would appreciate very much if you can direct me or even provide me some information about my dad's family history.

Kind regards,

Kenneth R. Bañares Program Coordinator - Field Director Development Investors Group Financial Services Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

No comments: